Columbus, GA, dentists explain the symptoms and stages of gum diseaseBy Dr. Joseph Narde
Your smile looks bright enough, there’s no pain in your mouth, and your teeth are strong and intact. It’s easy to assume that your mouth is in great shape. However, there could be underlying issues that are impacting the health of your gums before you even feel a thing.
Many symptoms of gum disease don’t appear until the disease has progressed to an advanced stage. However, there are some early warning signs that your gums need attention. For example:
- Gums that feel tender, are inflamed, red, or sore
- Noticing that your gums are bleeding after you brush, floss, or eat hard foods, such as pretzels
- Teeth that begin to look longer than before because the gums are beginning to recede or pull away from the teeth
- Noticing a space between your teeth or teeth that feel loose
- Mouth sores or pus that appears between your teeth and your gums
- A change in your bite
- Bad breath that doesn’t go away after brushing
To be sure that your mouth stays healthy, the Willow Point Dental team reminds patients to brush their teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once each day to remove food particles and bacteria. They also encourage patients to eliminate unhealthy habits such as smoking and keep their twice annual appointments for checkups and professional cleaning.
If you live in the Columbus area and have a concern about gum disease or any other oral health issues, call Willow Point Dental today. Our team combines advanced technology with gentle care to ensure that each patient is comfortable and has a happy and healthy smile.
- What are some general dentistry services available to patients near Columbus, GA?
- Is there a dentist in my area of Columbus, GA who offers general dentistry?
- Finding a full-service general dentistry practice near me in Columbus, GA
- Columbus, GA, dentists explain the symptoms and stages of gum disease
Back to General Dentistry Home Page