What are some general dentistry services available to patients near Columbus, GA?Posted by Dr. Joseph Narde
What are general dentistry services?General dentistry services are treatments that are used to achieve and maintain oral health and wellness. Instead of having patients take a “reactive” approach to their dental care, only visiting their dentist when things are going wrong, we direct patients to the benefits of “proactive” dental care. This means visiting the dentist regularly for evaluations and taking care of the teeth and gums every day at home with regular brushing and flossing. By maintaining oral health in this manner, patients often catch problems early enough for successful intervention – or avoid certain issues from developing at all.
The most common concerns for the smile include periodontal disease and tooth decay. Periodontal disease is an infection that develops often due to poor oral hygiene habits. Bacteria forms on the gums and then spreads throughout the mouth, resulting in the loss of bone structure, gum tissue, and even teeth. Patients can cause irreversible damage to their smile if they develop periodontal disease. It is essentially preventable with routine care. Additionally, conditions such as tooth decay can cause holes to form in the natural tooth enamel, and result in pain and discomfort. In some situations, the tooth decay can become so deep and damaging that it infects the dental pulp within a tooth and requires the patient to consider invasive procedures such as root canal therapy. With proper care and attention to the smile, tooth decay and periodontal disease can be avoided.
What general dentistry services are available through Willow Point Dental?Dr. Joseph Narde provides many treatment options for his patients during their routine appointments, while also offering treatments between visits to address immediate needs. Services include:
- Professional cleanings – cleanings remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria from the surfaces of the teeth and gums.
- Examinations –examinations are a great way to assess a patient’s overall oral health and wellness quickly and easily.
- X-rays – checking the bone and teeth, as well as evaluating for concerns such as tooth decay and internal problems, can be done with the use of dental x-rays.
- Dental fillings – when cavities are found, it is important to address them as soon as possible with composite resin dental fillings to keep them from becoming larger or more painful.
- Dental restorations – restorations are available to strengthen and protect the teeth, and may include repairs such as dentures, dental implants, and dental crowns.
Ready to work with a general dentist in Columbus, GA?If you are interested in taking your entire family to a dental practice that cares about your oral health and wellness, we encourage you to contact Dr. Joseph Narde and work with the team at Willow Point Dental. Our staff provides general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry solutions for patients of all ages and helps individuals enjoy proactive care for their smiles. Call the office today at (706) 327-3364 and visit the practice at 7189 Moon Road in Columbus, Georgia. We welcome new patients and families into our quality facility.
- What are some general dentistry services available to patients near Columbus, GA?
- Is there a dentist in my area of Columbus, GA who offers general dentistry?
- Finding a full-service general dentistry practice near me in Columbus, GA
- Columbus, GA, dentists explain the symptoms and stages of gum disease
Back to General Dentistry Page