Columbus, GA, dentist explains the oral health benefits of orthodontic treatmentPosted by Dr. Joseph Narde
- Improved oral health – Teeth that are misaligned can cause crevices in the mouth where harmful bacteria hide. This can be in the back of the mouth or between front teeth that are tightly placed together. Dentists always recommend flossing to remove the food particles and bacteria, but many patients are not diligent about the practice or simply can’t reach the areas effectively. Over time, it can cause tooth decay and gum disease. Orthodontic treatment can bring your teeth into proper alignment and lessen the risk to your oral health.
- Jaw pain and headaches – While some patients only have minor misalignment and a perfect bite, those who have a misaligned bite often experience pain in the jaw, face, and headaches. Additionally, if the jaw is not properly aligned, the teeth can be weakened and become more susceptible to chips or breaks.
Types of orthodontic treatmentOrthodontic treatment has come a long way in recent years. From tooth-colored brackets to treatments that only focus on the visible teeth to traditional braces, patients have plenty of options from which to choose. The first step to a happier and healthier smile is to schedule a visit with the dentist. Dr. Narde will examine your mouth to determine the level of misalignment and recommend the treatment that will work best for your needs, timeline, and budget. For more information call Willow Point Dental at (706) 685-6787 for an appointment.
- Benefits of ClearCorrect aligners in Columbus GA
- Patients near Columbus can visit our dentist to learn why orthodontic treatment with ClearCorrect is important
- Columbus, GA, dentist explains the oral health benefits of orthodontic treatment
- Columbus, GA, patients can improve their smile without a referral to an orthodontist
Back to Orthodontics Home Page