A crown can cover a tooth for Columbus, GA area patients that needs strength and durabilityBy Dr. Joseph Narde
Dr. Joseph Narde and the team of Willow Point Dental work with patients who are faced with situations in which repairs and restoration are required. As a prosthodontist in the Columbus, GA area, he sees many patients who require assistance in addressing teeth that have been damaged or decayed.
Dental crowns explainedDental crowns are a common restoration used by patients who have a problem with a single tooth. The crown, or “cap,” offers an extra layer of protection to natural tooth structure. This can reduce the risk of the tooth becoming broken or damaged when biting and chewing.
When might a dental crown be needed?Patients might be told they need dental crowns if they experience issues such as:
- A large cavity that has been filled but has weakened the structure of the tooth
- Root canal therapy, which removes the dental pulp and may make the tooth brittle
- Breakage of the tooth that leaves the pulp exposed
- Infection caused by a large cavity
- Permanent staining on a back tooth that negatively impacts appearance
- The loss of a tooth, for which a dental crown can be fabricated to cover the abutment of a dental implant
- Dental crowns offer beautiful and safe tooth restoration in Columbus, GA
- Patients in the Columbus, GA area ask about dental crowns
- A crown can cover a tooth for Columbus, GA area patients that needs strength and durability
- Dentist in Columbus, GA offers same day dental crowns, bridges, and veneers
- Columbus, GA area dentist describes dental crowns and bridges
Back to Prosthodontics Home Page